tazz.
oz.
+1,342|7068|Sydney | ♥

everyone loves these headphone stands made of wood and what not on top of their desks.
I bought a toilet roll holder for mine, and it's under the desk.

https://media.bunnings.com.au/api/public/content/7f4844d3dc4f48f5819b39392c59c947?v=ef18a0e0&t=w700dpr1

Never damaged a cable since.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously. ♥
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,854|7000|eXtreme to the maX

Dilbert_X wrote:

Work has some nice printers now, and a 3D scanner which I will get my hands on.
That reminds me, the junior engineer who is supposed to be giving me access to the 3D scanner has not done so.
Following this up is my task for the week.
#BoycottBurgerKing
uziq
Member
+582|4346

tazz. wrote:

everyone loves these headphone stands made of wood and what not on top of their desks.
I bought a toilet roll holder for mine, and it's under the desk.

https://media.bunnings.com.au/api/public/content/7f4844d3dc4f48f5819b39392c59c947?v=ef18a0e0&t=w700dpr1

Never damaged a cable since.
nice idea. i have something similar on my DJ setup but indeed one of the wooden stands on my main desk. it can be very annoying with 2m+ cables.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,118|7666|PNW

i actually keep a cozy over mine (laugh it up, jay). better feel on my head than pleather, fuzz, whatever. super easy cleaning. slip the thing off, chuck into the wash with pillowcases. the k99 is in really good condition, physically. apart from the cable. the pulls and twists added up over the years, i guess. i should probably keep these hanged when not in use, though. on principle.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2026-02-23 15:10:26)

uziq
Member
+582|4346
i basically never buy earphones/headphones without replaceable cables. that's a bare minimum requirement.
uziq
Member
+582|4346
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+696|4614
The red dial chronograph is nice looking. I would be interested in the build quality.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
Member
+582|4346
american century of humiliation. can't imagine xi jinping hawking drop-shipped tat on national tv.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,118|7666|PNW

the people who need to be convinced, have already convinced themselves that egg and gas prices are way down now and that their vote was thus justified, never mind every other horrible daily thing(s). guy squints at the chevron sign, "hey it went down 2 cents!" all cheerful. like you're kidding me, right?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+3,007|7526|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The red dial chronograph is nice looking. I would be interested in the build quality.
It uses a cheap Seiko automatic movement. Build quality for the movement is top notch, build quality of the watch itself is probably absolute shit.

I bought a new watch last week! Nice little Longines Spirit Automatic. I wanted another black dial watch and I like the look and feel of Longines Pilot watches. Haven't had a chance to size and wear it though. Hopefully this weekend.
uziq
Member
+582|4346

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The red dial chronograph is nice looking. I would be interested in the build quality.
It uses a cheap Seiko automatic movement. Build quality for the movement is top notch, build quality of the watch itself is probably absolute shit.

I bought a new watch last week! Nice little Longines Spirit Automatic. I wanted another black dial watch and I like the look and feel of Longines Pilot watches. Haven't had a chance to size and wear it though. Hopefully this weekend.
i actually quite like their designs with leather/nylon straps. understated and minimal watches are definitely my thing.

really don't like the giant, bevelled, heavy-links types of watches.

but hey i'm literally just some schmoe off the street when it comes to this stuff. i just like how a plain nylon strap blends into a suit jacket or long-sleeve shirt.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,118|7666|PNW

a trump watch is like a mark of the beast. it's good to know who to look out for since not all of them wear red hats. let trump mark his doting thralls. pedo and pedo accessories.

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,854|7000|eXtreme to the maX
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-1d9nej17m2/images/stencil/500x659/products/32803/9499/vtx_rd_defenderxl_2moa_bl_w_1__72777.1747618093.jpg?c=1

2 MOA Dot actually seems OK for my purposes.
Parallax error is significant, its a bigger field of view, keep the dot in the middle I guess.
Haven't tried it at full range, maybe thats it.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2026-04-27 02:24:53)

#BoycottBurgerKing
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,854|7000|eXtreme to the maX

Dilbert_X wrote:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-1d9nej17m2/images/stencil/500x659/products/32803/9499/vtx_rd_defenderxl_2moa_bl_w_1__72777.1747618093.jpg?c=1

2 MOA Dot actually seems OK for my purposes.
Parallax error is significant, its a bigger field of view, keep the dot in the middle I guess.
Haven't tried it at full range, maybe thats it.
OK so a 2 MOA dot is pretty nice, although for my eyesight its not so much a dot as a deformed spider.
Bigger window is nice too.
#BoycottBurgerKing
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,854|7000|eXtreme to the maX
A bottle of special oil for electric motor shafts.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGnQYKya-DrtQQ_z8d_DX1F3xxZF7Pc1JPcA&s

The gas fire fan has a shaded pole motor which has a) a low starting torque and b) porous bronze bearings impregnated with a basic oil which tends to gum up after about 10 years.
#BoycottBurgerKing
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,118|7666|PNW

i despise these bottles. leak everywhere.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,854|7000|eXtreme to the maX
Not seen that specific one before, we will see.
#BoycottBurgerKing
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,118|7666|PNW

i built a carton specifically to keep containers like this upright. these caps never work correctly. a bottle on its side will leak everywhere in time. at the very least, store in a tray.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,854|7000|eXtreme to the maX
Yes I've learned that lesson a few times.
#BoycottBurgerKing
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,854|7000|eXtreme to the maX

Dilbert_X wrote:

This is I think ~4 years of watches, no idea how the third one managed to rotate itself 90 degrees, #4 still currently going.

https://i.imgur.com/pitxnUl.jpeg
OK, #4 Got smashed before it got the chance to conk out due to other general mechanical abuse.
In fact it still works but the bit of glass which spalled off inside obstructs the hands from turning.

https://i.imgur.com/TO9VKJm.jpeg

Its probably about time I learned to buy cheaper watches for doing house maintenance.
#BoycottBurgerKing
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,118|7666|PNW

why the fuck do you need a watch for house maintenance at all?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,854|7000|eXtreme to the maX
It is very very important I know when its time for tea or coffee, and when its approaching getting dark.

Also my time management is quite poor so I need to keep track of what I'm doing, not that it makes a lot of difference.
#BoycottBurgerKing
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+2,118|7666|PNW

dilbert, how long have you been an australian? you should be able to tell time by squinting up at the sun. like mick dundee.
uziq
Member
+582|4346
think it may be time to finally upgrade my 5 year old iphone 13 mini. 18 pro looks perfectly ... fine. only problem is how to acquire an apple device in east asia. they all have the 'pervert alarm' shutter sound installed on their firmware by default.

Last edited by uziq (2026-09-11 22:27:03)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,854|7000|eXtreme to the maX
Why would having the shutter sound be a problem? Unless....

Got a 17e. In hindsight launch day for the 18 Pro was not the best time to go on spec.

Overall process was less painful than I expected, although I didn't appreciate the genius bar guy repeatedly muttering "you stupid old fuck" as he helped me set it up.
After seven years of the old phone I had no idea if the SIM would fit, if I needed a new SIM, eSIM or whatever, so I made him change it over.
I mean having just bought a new phone I did not want to be fiddling with a tiny fragile drawer which looked as if breathing on it could break it.

Using my empathy training it did occur to me it would have been a traumatic experience for my old phone after many years of faithful service - being woken up in a strange place surrounded by noisy hipsters, having the data sucked out by a newer and younger version of yourself, then being switched off forever.

Overall the new one seems to be OK, I will use it on low power mode forever.
Haven't yet found the headphone port, presumably its under one of those Doom-style doors which open if you press on them.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2026-09-22 02:48:10)

#BoycottBurgerKing

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2026 Jeff Minard